This is the perfect way to explore the hidden parts of Sapa! Go beyond and visit the many colorful minority groups of Sapa, on a cultural tour with guided village walks and overnight stay in a Red Dao village and later in bungalows at the hilltop of Topas Ecolodge. Both accommodations are beautifully located outside Sapa town, deep in the tranquil mountains.
Your journey from Hanoi to Sapa is by the Topas Mountain Express an 8 seats limousine with a modern interior design, spacious and soft sets.
Day 1: By Topas Mountain Express to Topas Riverside Lodge. Local afternoon Red Dao village walk.
Day 2: Jungle walk and beautiful views. Transfer to bungalows at Topas Ecolodge.
Day 3: Relax at Topas Ecolodge or visit Sapa town. Transfer by Topas Mountain Express to Hanoi.
Day 1: From Red River Delta to the remote Topas Riverside Lodge (-,L,-)
From 6:30 – 7:00 AM, the Topas Mountain Express will pick you up at your Hanoi hotel before departing for a nearly 5 hours transfer to Thanh Phu Bridge, followed by another short transfer to Nam Cang village. Well arrived you will walk through the village, cross a private bridge and check into your private room in the comfortable Topas Riverside Lodge. Your lunch is served at the lodge.
The afternoon is perfect for visiting the Red Dao minority village. Nam Cang locates in the most remote area of Sapa and the Red Dao women wear some of the most colorful and diverse costumes of all Vietnam’s ethnic groups. Herbal bath, plant medicine and embroidery are some of the things that the Red Dao are very skilled at. Accompanied by your guide, you will explore the village and learn how the local villagers make writing paper, silver jewelry or embroidery.
Back to Topas Riverside Lodge, you may want to take a swim in the river if the weather permits.
Approx: Grade: Easy/ 2 hours walking.
Add on: Join a local woman and pick your own mixture of herbs and spend the evening in a special traditional bath, based on your blend. The herbal bath and tour must be pre-booked and paid by your own.
Day 2: Jungle & waterfall hike with BBQ lunch. Transfer to Topas Ecolodge (B,L,-)
The hike will depart from Topas Riverside Lodge, heading through the quiet lanes of Nam Cang village. You will soon be rewarded with views of rice terraces, cassava and cinnamon fields. Continue hiking uphill while enjoying views of the beautiful deep valley behind you. Soon you’ll start trekking along a jungle path thick with huge trees, bamboo, and lush plants and herbs used by the Red Dao for their medicine and herbal treatments. After some time, you’ll reach a pretty stream and waterfall where you can swim in the natural pool or just cool down by dipping your feet in the water. Across a suspension bridge, another cool waterfall cascades down from the mountains – the perfect spot to rest and take in the beauty of nature.
Refreshed and invigorated, you’ll start the hike back to Topas Riverside Lodge. Here a delicious BBQ lunch will be served in the lodge garden by a local Red Dzao lady. Smoked Nam Cang salmon or sturgeon, vegetables, tofu and beef with mushrooms will be served straight from the grill on a bed of freshly picked herbs. Take your time to enjoy the BBQ feast before relaxing on the riverbank in front of the lodge or booking a special footbath to soothe your muscles and increase blood circulation (with additional fee and must be booked in advance). At 14h15, our shuttle bus will take you to Topas Ecolodge. Check-in to your bungalow with a warm cup of lemongrass and ginger tea, taking in the out-of-this-world views.
Approx: Grade: Moderate/ 3 hours walking.
Day 3: Back to the city life of Hanoi (B,-,-)
The morning is at your leisure at Topas Ecolodge. You can either relax or borrow high-quality mountain bikes from the lodge for an exploration of the surrounding area. You can also take a scheduled shuttle bus to Sapa to visit the town or book a half-day tour to explore the highest peak of Indochina, Mt. Fansipan (3.143m) by cable car or enjoy a treatment in the lodge’s hilltop spa.
At 14:30, Topas Mountain Express departs from Topas Ecolodge and returns to your hotel in Hanoi.
– Topas Mountain Express can only pick up and return passengers at hotels/residences in Hanoi’s Old Quarter and Tay Ho Area.
– Transfer and excursions are based on sharing basis
– Topas Riverside Lodge is tucked away in the heart of the mountains, amidst bustling rivers and verdant green forest within a traditional minority village, so the location is quite remote and there are no real dining options surrounding the lodge. Because of this, we offer our guests delicious dining opportunities at discounted rates when booking ahead of time. We pride ourselves in our seasonal, Sapa inspired cuisine which offers daily set menus showcasing some of the amazing, fresh local produce. We also cater to most dietary needs if given enough notice. You may add a full meal package to your stay for only: US$11/person for lunch and US$13/person for dinner, including taxes and service charges.
This package includes:
– English speaking guide during excursions
– 1 night at Topas Riverside Lodge (twin shared Standard room)
– 1 night at Topas Ecolodge (twin shared Executive Bungalow)
– 2 breakfasts + 2 lunches (B = breakfast, L = lunch)
– Transfer by Topas Mountain Express: Hanoi – Thanh Phu Bridge; Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi (SIC)
– Transfer by shuttle bus Thanh Phu Bridge – Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge
– Home-stay overnight fees
– Entrance fees and permits
If you would like to extend your stay at Topas Riverside Lodge or Topas Ecolodge, please request this when booking.
PRICE (VND per person):
Single supplement *
* Applied for the 3rd person who wishes to have a separate room
Surcharge on peak season: 22nd December 2023 – 2nd January 2024; 20th – 29th January; 28th Apr – 3rd May; 1st – 4th September;
Compulsory Gala Dinner on peak season: 24th & 31st December 2023;
Surcharge for guide on public holidays: 1st January; 21st – 25th January; 30th April – 1st May; 1st & 2nd September 2023);
The above dates incurs extra surcharge, please contact our Sales team for the accurate prices.