Save To Wish List
Adding item to wishlist requires an account
Don't have an account? Create one.
When you book with an account, you will be able to track your payment status, track the confirmation and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour.
DAY 1 – HO CHI MINH CITY – BEN TRE- TRA VINH
- Road transfer from Ho Chi Minh City Centre to Ben Tre is 2 hours’ drive.
- You will set off around 08:00 am for a two-hour drive to Ben Tre. Situated in the Delta of the Mekong River, Ben Tre is well known for its tropical fruit gardens and traditional handicrafts made from coconuts. On arrival in Ben Tre, you will board a local boat for the first glimpse of life in the Mekong Delta region, discovering its maze of waterways.
- You will cross Cai Cam River and start the journey with a visit to a coconut processing workshop to find out about the multiple uses of coconut. Then, you will hop on an ancient Lambro (a van that makes loud noises but is fun when active), drive through sleepy village roads and stop by family-run coconut broom and mat-making workshops to learn how to make these products.
- Then, you will take a stroll to Uncle Nhu’s house to visit his orchard and learn about local agriculture and the lives of the older generation in the Mekong Delta region. Take some time to taste some of the fresh fruits of the tropics. Saying goodbye to Uncle Nhu, you will take a sampan ride through poetic canals before getting back to the boat for a cruise to Mrs. Mai’s house for lunch with local food.
- We will spend the afternoon at leisure. Relax, or choose from a number of interesting optional activities, such as catching shrimps in the creek, a rowing boat ride, making Grasshopper’s from coconut leaves, or simply making friends and chatting with the locals.
- Mid-afternoon, you will take a two-hour transfer to Tra Vinh and be warmly welcomed by a host family, a local Khmer family of three generations.
- Spend some time refreshing before helping the family prepare dinner. You will have the opportunity to learn all about the local way of cooking as well as chat, get to know the family, and enjoy dinner together!
- Overnight in Tra Vinh.
DAY 2 – TRA VINH – CAN THO
- Although Khmer people make up the highest percentage of the population of Tra Vinh Province, there is still a number of Vietnamese and Chinese people living in the area, which can be seen by the different styles of temples in the area. You will visit the Chinese, Khmer, and Vietnamese temples and find out how to practice differently.
- You will have the opportunity to visit the 700-year-old Khmer pagoda where the Khmer community practices the religion, a Chinese Pagoda with a different kind of architecture and decoration.
- You will take a cycle ride along with the rice fields, witnessing the farmers working before arriving at Huynh Ky ancient house combining colonial and Vietnamese architecture. The house was constructed in 1924 by Mr. Huynh Ky, who used to be the Head of Tra Vinh Province during the French colonial period.
- On the way back, you will cycle past local villages and observe their daily life. Stopping by a local wet market, you will be amazed by the huge array of fresh produces on offer and take some photos of the place. Then, you will head back to the homestay and rest before lunch. After lunch, it will be time to say goodbye to the family and travel to Can Tho.
- Overnight in Can Tho.
DAY 3 – CAN THO – SAIGON
You will start the day with a visit to Cai Rang Floating Market. While crossing the Mekong River, observe the traditional sights such as rice barges, wooden ship building yards, and even fruit drying along the river’s banks. After paying a visit to the colorful floating market, you will check out and leave for returning to Ho Chi Minh City.
NOTE: Our tour guide may change the itinerary from time to time due to local conditions, participants’ skills, and other contingencies. Our priority is always the experience and safety of travelers.
Price : 8,199,000 Vnd/person
- Priavte guide
- All meals (L- B – D)
- Private car
- Boat trip
- Biking trip
13 travellers are considering this tour right now!