Cái Bè is a small village that still retains its natural beauty, busy river system, tasty food, and hospitable people. You can’t talk about Cái Bè without talking about its floating market and abundance of delicious tropical fruits. Highlight of the day is to cruise among the boats coming from all areas of the Delta, and to cycle along the trails, returning the friendly smiles and waves of local children.
● Cruise along the Mekong River by motorboat
● Enjoy hand-rowed sampan under the shady tropical fruit gardens
● Visit a traditional workshop where they produce coconut candies, pop-rice, rice paper or rice wine… to get insight views about local business
● Cycle around the charming village of Cái Bè
● Try cooking a Vietnamese dish yourself, guided by your local host
● Experience time at an authentic village
DEPARTURE / RETURN: Your centrally located Ho Chi Minh City hotel – Returns to original departure point
Our guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel, and drive 2,5 hours to Cái Bè. We will stop along the way for refreshments.
● Upon arrival, we will board a motorboat and enjoy the picturesque beauty of the legendary Mekong River as we cruise along its canals and waterways. We will traverse the area that was once home to the bustling floating market, where the echoes of vibrant trade still resonate. While the market may not be as lively as it once was, it continues to provide a captivating glimpse into the traditional trading customs of the region.
● Experience a visit to a flea market located by the riverside, where you can witness the changing nature of local life as people transition from an unstable, water-based existence to a more stable life on land.
● In your visits to some local cottage industries you can see a coconut candy workshop, try some snake wine, and learn how to make pop-rice, or witness the process of making rice paper.
● Cross to the other side of the Mekong River to a famous island named Tân Phong. Here Visit a local family’s home, where we are welcomed by local musicians who will play and sing for us as we enjoy tea and fruits while chatting with other guests.
● Enjoy what local people offer by hand-rowing a sampan along the shady, breezy canal.
● Lunch will be served at a local house. Your host will show you a cooking demonstration, and you can challenge yourself by cooking a traditional Vietnamese dish — and then enjoy your wonderful lunch afterwards.
● After that, we can choose to take a rest at the house or take a cycling tour about 30 minutes around the village; this will give you a fantastic way to experience local life.
Get back to the house, say goodbye to your hosts, and drive back to Hồ Chí Minh City and complete the tour excursion by taking you back to the pickup point. End of services.
|Number in Group
|Price per person in VND in party of
|5 – 6
● Full payment is required upfront
● Within 24 hours before departure: 100% is charged as cancellation fee
● From 24 – 48 hours before departure: 50% is charged as cancellation fee
● Prior to 48 hours before departure: 20% is charged as cancellation fee
● Private AC transfer
● All boat trips (motorboat, hand-rowed boat)
● Vietnamese and English-speaking guide
● 5-course Vietnamese lunch
● All admission fees
● Bottles of drinking water (02 bottles of 500ml/Person/Day)
● Bicycle for a short cycling tour
● Local taxes, fees and handling charges
● Pick-up and drop-off (applied for all places in District 1, 3, 4, Bình Thạnh, Phú Nhuận).
● Personal expenses
● Tips and Gratuities (recommended)
● Drinks (beer, soft drinks…)
● Travel insurance