The beautiful Topas Ecolodge is located 18 km from Sapa, deep in the Hoang Lien Mountains. Our 50 bungalows overlook the picturesque valleys, home to Red Dao and Tay ethnic minority people. Enjoy the return Hanoi – Sapa ride with our luxurious Topas Mountain Express limousine; get on your high-quality mountain bike and ride along winding mountain roads and experience the ethnic communities and their unique cultures, relax with breathtaking mountain views at the quiet lodge.
Day 1: Take Topas Mountain Express to Topas Ecolodge. Ride to the Red Dao village of Lech.
Day 2: Remote Sapa: Explore Tay and Red Dao villages on bike.
Day 3: Transfer by Topas Mountain Express to Hanoi.
Day 1: Comfortable drive to Topas Ecolodge. Take a biking tour to neighboring villages (-,-,-)
From 6:30 – 7:00 AM, you will commence from your Hanoi hotel with Topas Mountain Express for a 5 hours transfer to Topas Ecolodge. After checking in your bungalow, you will enjoy the beautiful and peaceful view of the surrounding mountains and valleys from your private balcony.
You will start the afternoon cycling trip by following the main road for three kilometres to Lech village of the Red Dao minority, enjoying the magnificent valley view on the way. Here you will leave your bikes and take a short walk on a dirt road to visit a traditional Red Dao family and experience the culture of the minority villagers who are living peacefully in the same way as their ancestors. Back at the parking place, you will take a further ride to the Moi village and learn how the women in their doorways are doing their embroidery, which the Red Dao people are very famous for. From the village, you head back to the Lodge.
In the evening you may want to book a traditional Red Dao herbal bath at the lodge’s spa.
Approx: Grade: easy/ 1.5 hours biking
Day 2: Biking to the Tay, Xa Pho and Red Dao villages in the remote area of Sapa (B,L,-)
You will start from Topas Ecolodge by cycling on a quiet road for a while before taking a descent to Ban Ho village. At the bottom of the valley, you will meet the Tay minority, one of the largest ethnic minority groups living in Sapa, who are famous for their beautiful and traditional stilt houses. You will be warmly welcomed to visit their home, experience their daily life of farming and fishing in the river. Leaving Ban Ho village your ride becomes a bit more challenging with ascending parts on the winding road. At Thanh Phu village, also inhabited by the Tay minority, your lunch is served at a nice local family where you enjoy the valley view while tasting the local foods.
In the afternoon, you will pass by My Son village of Xa Pho ethnic minority, who belong to one of the smallest ethnic groups in Vietnam. You now continue the ride deeper into the mountain area to Nam Cang village, inhabited by Red Dao minority. Nam Cang village locates at the most remote area of Sapa. The Red Dao women wear some of the most colorful and diverse costumes of all Vietnam’s ethnic groups. Herbal bath, local medicine and embroidery are some of the things that the Red Dao are very skilled at. If time permits, you can take a swim in the river next to Topas Riverside Lodge, before meeting your vehicle for the journey back to Topas Ecolodge.
Approx: Grade: Moderate/ 5,5 hour biking
Day 3: Leaving the mountain and back to the city life of Hanoi (B,-,-)
After breakfast, you will check out and take our shuttle bus at 9h00 to Sapa town. Meet your guide and start your ride mostly downhill through the suburb of Sapa. You pass by Sapa town before heading downhill to Ma Tra village of Black H’mong. Stop along the way for photos and a chance for you to visit local houses. Black H’mong is the majority group living in Sapa, who are well known for their beautiful embroidery. You then will continue on quiet leading to though beautiful valley and heading to Ta Phin. At the village, you will have time to take a short walk to explore the village and culture of Red Dao. Later you will get in the car for the journey back to Sapa.
Approx: 11.3 km biking/ 2.5 hours/ 20 minutes walking.
You are free for lunch on your own expense. At 13h15, Topas Mountain Express will transfer you back to Hanoi. You will arrive at your hotel in Hanoi at around 19h30.
Note for Topas Mountain Express:
– Only pick up and return passengers at hotels/residences in Hanoi’s Old Quarter and Tay Ho Area.
– Pick-up time is around 6.30 – 7.00 am but clients need to be ready at 6.30 for smooth services.
– Due to limited space, guests are requested to bring only 1 cabin bag/suitcase 115cm (56cm x 36cm x 23cm) per person.
Note for biking:
– No supported car during the biking time.
– When joining a tour, one of the most important parts is selecting the right bike. Topas Travel provides mountain bikes that are suitable for people from 155cm only. Client’s height is requested at the booking time or at least 24 hours in advance for smooth services.
– Biking tours offer up and downhill segments. For safety, these tours are advisable for adults or children from 13-year-old up (For smaller children, please contact us) who are familiar with mountain road biking.
This package includes:
– English-speaking guide during shared excursions*
– 2 nights at Topas Ecolodge (twin shared Premium Executive bungalow)
– 2 breakfasts + 1 lunch (B = breakfast, L = lunch)
– Transfer by Topas Mountain Express Hanoi – Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi (SIC)
– Mountain bike with disk brakes, helmets, gloves and water
– All entrance fees to the indicated places
* The excursions are based on sharing a group of maximum 10 travelers
PRICE (VND per person):
Single supplement *
* Applied for the 3rd person who wishes to have a separate room
Please contact our Sales team for the accurate prices and further information.